Thursday, February 25, 2016

New York trip | 2015

Hello world! I know i haven't been around since the new year, i had a lot going on with my life: mostly travels and studies. But i'm back for good and i'm ready to share with you my lovely travel experience and trip to New York on October/November 2015.


There's something about the New York sky... 
New York is amazing in fall. You can see all those beautiful colors, the reddish/orange leaves, it's cold enough to wear cozy clothes but warm enough to be able to go outside and walk in the wonderful New York parks without freezing. 


Central Park, NY
One of the best things about New York is the parks. Central park is a must-see destination for everyone that wants to visit NY, and it's so huge that you cannot walk it all. There are lovely horses though, willing to give you a ride around, if you get too tired. But apart from Central Park, there are other big beautiful parks: Flushing Meadows Corona Park in Queens is one of the biggest NY parks and it holds this giant beautiful world globe. Talking about parks, i cannot leave aside the Astoria Park (i was living 5 mins away from that), where you can enjoy the river view and the beautiful Triborough bridge which connects Manhattan, Bronx and Queens.


La me talking with this lovely horse!
La me in Central Park, NY
La me captioning the Triborough bridge in Astoria Park, NY














My mom & I playing hide and seek
in the infinite park street
World Globe in F.M.C. Park
 
Holding tight that Flushing Meadows
Park sign!
Enjoying the colors & the bridge
 of Astoria park
La me in Astoria Park


For people that live in countries that do not celebrate Halloween (like me, duh!), that season of the year is one of the best to visit New York and participate in the Halloween craziness. Halloween candies, scary costumes, spooky house decorations are only a few of the things you can see in NY at the end of October.

Someone went overcrazy
with the shopping! 


But we all know that if you go to New York, you are gonna spend much of your time in Manhattan and Times Square or at any of the huge malls for...shopping! Manhattan offers any store you can imagine: from Disney and M&Ms store, to Sephora and Victoria Secret (the combination of fairytales and fashion shopping is heaven for us girls!).

Times Square by night


La me in Manhattan

Of course, you can't go to the US without visiting the statue of Liberty, crossing the beautiful Ellis Island. For those that love nature and animals, like me, there are many parks, zoos and aquariums to see. Bronx Zoo is one of the biggest zoos in the whole world with thousands different and unique animals which also offers train rides to see the amazing natural environment with beautiful rivers and waterfalls (I was walking for 8 hours and didn't get to see it all!).
Bronx Zoo, NY
To end this long post, there are million places to visit in New York and several choices for every kind of taste. For those, as me, that love food the city offers so many delicious options, milkshakes, burgers, sweets, huge pizzas (my favorite meal there is the breakfast, those huge piles of pancakes with maple syrup though :P) etc. I could go on and on about my incredible experience in the other side of the world, but since one picture, or in my case a video, is 1000 words, it's better to watch my vlog that i have uploaded on my youtube channel -->  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHbPE8ZHTMM ♥

And remember: Travel as much as you can. As far as you can. As long as you can. Because in the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take...

2 comments: